Thursday, February 24, 2011

Carving Wood Robots




Carving Wood Robots has been a hobby of mine since the early ninties. I have enjoyed carving these little robots tremendously. You might consider investing some of you time in this art, and I can assure you that you will not regret it.





To begin with, you will have to aquire extreme patience and a desire to create or carve wood robots. I can give you my reason for this. Ever since childhood I have enjoyed collecting space figures, space robots, space everything. In fact, at one time I wanted to be an astronaut, but that didn't work out. So, here I am trying to convince others to enjoy the art of carving wood robots.





Next you will have to invest in a good carving knife which you can purchase at a good hobby store or wood carving supply house. The best advice I can give you on this is to keep the blade at inch or an inch and a half. There is a reason for this: You can work with a small blade better than a long one, and you will prevent accidents to yourself. That's right, the possibility of cutting your fingers is there and the more precautions you take, the better you will be. Don't let this worry you much, if you are careful, your accidents will be minimal.





Let me continue on the subject of the carving knife. It is my recommendation to select a tool that will feel comfortable in your hand. The knife handle should be a lot bigger than the blade. The reason for this is control when you carve your wood robot. By the way, when you finish your project, don't expect the robot to move. Just a bit of humor on my part. Let me continue, now a days a good carving knife will cost around twenty dollars or more. What are you looking for in a fine carving knife? Any good carver will tell you the same thing I recommend, it must be sharp! Yes, the knife must be made of the finest steel and must maintain a razor sharp edge. If you learn anything from this article, let it be that to begin carving wood robots you must have patience and a very sharp knife.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP